Not Me Monday!
After the New Year’s Day that I had I thought I would write
a not me Monday!
It was not my husband who woke up to discover that his toe
was red, swollen, and blue and couldn’t for the life of him think of why it was
that way. It was not I who panicked and
wanted to take him to the ER because I thought they would amputate his toe
because of his diabetes’. He did not decide to go the ER just to make
sure it was ok only to discover in the ER waiting room that his toe was sore
because he did not trip over clothes on the floor in the middle of the
night…because my house is ALWAYS clean and my laundry is always washed, folded
and put away!
It was not my children who set up toys to use as hurdles and
decided their baby sister would make a great hurdle and she did not tip over,
get a huge bruise on her head because I ALWAYS
watch my kids and would NEVER let them jump over their sister!
It was not my husband who graciously let me take a nap and
while I was sleeping he did not let my kids eat a whole bag of freezes…he feed
them their lunch because are children always eat well balanced meals!
I did not swerve on the road to hit the rumble strips on the
side of the road to make my screaming baby quit crying and I did not get pulled
over by the police officer because my head light was out. It was not me who said to the police officer
after he asked me if I knew why I got pulled over “could it be that my
screaming children are breaking the noise violation?” It was not my children in the back seat
screaming “don’t take my mom to jail” because David and I would NEVER lie to
our kids to make them keep their seat belts on.
It was not me that didn’t have her licenses with her because I am always
responsible and would not have forgotten to put my wallet back in the diaper
bag after taking it out to give to my husband his insurance card for above ER
trip. It was not the police officer who
looked at me with a sorry look for pulling over a mother who obviously was already
frazzled.
It was not me who played the Wii instead of packing for the
Rochester trip…I would never put play before work!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment