I read this today and enjoyed the truth in it....
"Submission is not being a doormat. Submission is not just rolling over and accepting bad behavior. Submission is not turning the other cheek on an abusive spouse who refuses to get help. Submission is not a life sentence for women to feel inferior. Quite the contrary. For me, submission is beautiful. Submission has meant freedom for me. Living with the knowledge and emotional freedom that I do not control my spouse has been liberating for me. Gone (or, going) are the days when I struggle to try to change my husband. I have given up trying to show him the error of his ways. You see, I think that as wives, it is not our job to fix or punish our husbands with our judgements, cold shoulders or loud decrees. Instead, as I once heard it put, it is our job to simply duck so that God can punch our husbands when they need it. And so I have been practicing ducking. By getting out of the way of what God wants to teach my husband, I remove distractions that may be in my husband's way for him to hear God directly. Distractions like my really annoying behavior when I would try to get my point across to my husband about what a louse he was being. " taken from http://www.mckmama.com
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment