Monday, December 6, 2010

Waiting

My Mom is sick and healing is not coming as we anticipated it to come...quickly...so as today my mom is feeling weak and drained I become anxious...anxious about leaving for a school conference for 4 days, anxious that I am going to loose my mom...anxious about what is to come....
Awhile back I was listening to K-Love and heard about Bowen's Heart...Bowen is the son of Matt and Sarah...Matt is a member of the christian band Santus Real. I have started following their blog (bowensheart.com) about their family journey with Bowen having a heart condition. This was his post for today...isn't it awesome how God works!!
"I’m writing this on a long flight home from Phoenix. I don’t especially care for travel days, mostly because I feel like I’m away from home for no good reason. I guess it takes time to get where you’re going. I think the modern philosopher, Tom Petty, may have been right when he said, “The waiting is the hardest part.” Waiting is hard, but what’s so hard about waiting? For me, it’s finding purpose and contentment where I am at every moment, even when I have a better time and place in mind.
Sarah and I have a better time and place in mind almost everyday. It’s when Bowen gets better. When we can take his feeding tube out for good, when he stops throwing up all the time, when his surgeries are
completed, and when he’s throwing balls and running bases like other little boys. We pray and trust that the day Bowen gets better will come, and whether it’s in this life or the next, we believe there will be healing. I think most of us live in anticipation, and with the hope, that something better will come. Those of us who trust in Christ put our faith in a glorious end. We believe we’ll get there, but how we get there, how we wait in the meantime, is crucial.
I’m tempted to take my seat on this plane with a sigh, fold my arms, and grumble about how long it will take me to get home. However, my heart tells me there’s something more for me in this moment. If you’re reading this, I’m glad you’re a part of it.
“I am waiting for the Lord, my soul is waiting for Him, and my hope is in His Word.” Psalms 130:5
“Now may the God who gives comfort and strength in waiting make you of the same mind with one another in harmony with Christ Jesus…” Romans 15:5
“Love is never tired of waiting.” 1 Corinthians 13:4
"

So today as I am axious as to what is to come, I know that I can trust in Christ in a glorious end...whatever that may look like.

No comments: