Sunday, June 7, 2009

3 children plus 4 more equals 2 crazy parents

This weekend we decided to take on 4 more children (which makes 7 under 7) in foster care for the weekend. The 3 older kids know me from Sunday School and know me as "teacher", so when I pulled up in Big Blue(the Sunday School van, which we needed to borrow because we have 6 carseats) they were all rather excited that we were going to Sunday School, they were disappointed that we weren't going but settled to sing Sunday School songs the whole way home.
SO to handle all these small children, I thought I would put them all in life jackets and go to the city pool. This way they would all be clean, and worn out ready for bed. However, mother nature decided not to cooperate with me and sent rain the WHOLE weekend. So on Saturday we headed to the Summit center(swimming indoors) to burn off some energy. With only the minor incedent of Gage throwing a toy at a little girl and cutting her head, we made the trip event free.
Sunday we were cooped up again, but had the opportunity to head to church with a wonderful church nursery (bonus someone new to entertain them!) After church we did lunch and dispite the sprinkles we went to the park. Now 10:06, all is quiet in the house and the parent's are heading to bed! Julia hasn't been sleeping well because she is afraid she might miss some of the action. Saturday morning she woke up at 5:30, checked all the rooms to make sure they were all still sleeping and went back to bed! Oh my little Julia, who is 6 days away from being 1!
Good night and sleep tight!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. Never a dull moment right? One thing about being a foster parent, the word BORED is never heard or spoken.

You guys need some good weather so your little ones can get outside and burn off some of that little energy. I will pray for nice weather for you guys.

Sweet you guys can use the church van. That's awesome!

Anonymous said...

Haha! What is your husband trying to do to me? Does he want to see death by foster kids part 2 or what? LOL!

How's this? I will take 6 kids if I can get an SUV. Haha!

I did read that poem on your site a few days ago. I read all your posts actually. I like to read from the beginning of a site if I can to get a feel and understand of what and whom I am reading about. Saves all the confusion.

I guess I agreed to do some respite for a 2 year old, 13 month old and a 10 month old. Fun stuff. I will be trapped in the house for 3 days! Yikes!

Of course if a job becomes available I will have to hope the job can wait till after I take these kids OR I will have to tell the foster parent liason that I can't anymore.